This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we collect on our Sites, as part of your relationship with ChaletXchange. It also describes how we use, disclose and protect this information.
OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR CONSENT
By browsing our Sites or giving us your personal data and / or those of your residence, you agree to the rules described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with these rules, please do not use or visit our Sites, nor provide us with your personal data or that of your residence.
ChaletXchange reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice, which will be effective as soon as they are posted on the Sites. We will inform you of the essential changes, but please make sure to read it again regularly.
We only collect the personal data of the Users and / or Members who have provided it to us resulting from their actions on our Sites and which we need to offer or improve our services, or for another legitimate reason:
THE DATA COLLECTED BY CHALETXCHANGE
- direct personal data, such as surname, first name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, photo, age, gender and nationality;
- data relating to your accommodation such as pictures, location, namely the commune or the exact address, information on the dimensions and features of the residence;
- information related to your profile (username, personal data, residence data, exchanges made);
- payment information, such as your bank details;
- your comments including the photos and stories you share with us;
- your profiles on social networks if you choose to identify yourself via one of them (eg Facebook);
- your preferences regarding our services.
We may collect personal data from third-party data aggregators (eg Google), promotional partners, public sources, and social networking platforms (eg, Facebook). This information may include personal data from your profile on a social network that you allow this network to share with us in accordance with their policies.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and use your personal data for several purposes, such as for:
- creating and accessing your user or subscription account and find your exchange history, based on your membership in our Platform;
- responding to your requests;
- combining them with third-party information to understand your needs and offer you better services (eg site personalization, targeted offers in view of your interests);
- reasons of security and maintenance, evaluation, risk management, conflicts and archiving.
TO WHOM DO WE COMMUNICATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose your personal data, including that of your residences, to the following third parties:
- service providers (eg platform providers) or payment processors that process transactions made through our Platform;
- business partners such as Destinations (eg mountain resorts), trademark license holders or entities involved in a promotional activity;
- authorities that, for legal reasons, require such information.
We require that such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you accessed our Sites, comply with all applicable personal data laws.
SAVING AND SECURING YOUR DATA
We take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data against loss, unauthorized access and other violations. This data will not be sold or shared to third parties except in cases as described in this Privacy Notice.
When the personal information we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for any legal requirement, we destroy or delete it. In case of deletion of your profile, we will keep your personal and residence data for a maximum of 5 years, including for possible disputes and justified requests from the authorities.
You can request access to the personal data that we have about you and / or that of your residence by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to tell us if you wish to correct, update or delete your personal data and / or those of your residences on our Platform. To help us process your request, please send us your contact details and the corresponding information.
You can limit the use of tracking technologies, such as cookies, by configuring your browser to choose whether to accept or reject them.
ChaletXchange, located in Switzerland, is responsible for the processing of personal data collected as part of its services and as defined in our Privacy Notice. You can contact us by email at email@example.com for more information (including our representative in the EU).
For users residing in Europe, the RGPD applies in addition to this notice.
You have the right to make a request at any time to your supervisory authority.